What is a Cranial Sacral Therapy Massage?
This type of massage primarily focuses on the concept of primary respiration and regulating the flow of cerebrospinal fluid. The massage therapist manipulates the synarthrodial joints of the cranium with a therapeutic touch. By applying light touches to a patient’s skull, face, spine and pelvis, stress and tension are released. Patients often feel a deep relaxation during the session but may feel a bit light-headed as to this is normal. The adjustment restores balance to the central nervous system and surrounding body structures that support it.
When is Cranial Sacral Therapy Massage Beneficial?
Anyone that suffers from the following conditions may benefit from cranial sacral therapy:
- Chronic Neck or Back Pain
- Orthopedic Problems
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Stress or Tension-Related Disorders
- Infant or Childhood Disorders
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic Fatigue
- TMJ Syndrome
- Learning Disabilities